Random notes written by Isaac Newton Carr inside the cover of his 1915 journal follow.
- he has lived a busy life the life of the avr [average?] midwest farmer he & his good wife have brot up ther children as they Should & now they live in this community a blesing to their parents (It is thought that Isaac was writing about he and his wife as he pondered their 50th wedding anniversary approaching later in the month.)
- I have heard it estimated that not more than 1 married couple in a 1000 reaches the 50th milestone known as the golden wedding.
- on returning from war first got married & showed best of judgmt in choosing life companion she is ever reddy to help folks and comrades
- 50 yrs 1/2 century of wedded life
- It is 149 miles by rr from Wellman to Clermont (Isaac’s son, Dr. Leslie Carr, lives in Clermont)
- Pray for peace in Europe